Update: ALL APPOINTMENTS ARE FULL. As vaccine supply is received, the county will open additional appointments to ensure that even more people who are eligible can receive the vaccine. Residents can sign up for COVID-19 updates here and will receive a notification when new appointments are available.
Original Post – March 30, 2021, 3 p.m.:
Appointments are open for Groups 1, 2, 3 and 4 of the state’s vaccination plan to receive the COVID-19 vaccine through New Hanover County Health and Human Services’ Public Health, and can be made online at signupgenius.com/go/nhcvaccine or by calling the Coronavirus Call Center at 910-798-6800.
The four eligible groups include healthcare workers, adults 65 and older, frontline essential workers, people ages 16-64 with underlying health conditions, people who live in congregate or group settings, and other essential workers not already vaccinated. Group 5, which opens the vaccine up to anyone 16 and older, is expected to be eligible beginning April 7 according to the state’s guidance.
More information on how to schedule an appointment is below:
Booking Online: signupgenius.com/go/nhcvaccine
- A unique email is required for each appointment made through the county’s online scheduling system (if someone doesn’t have an email address, they can call the coronavirus call center at 910-798-6800 to book an appointment).
- At the top of the webpage, select your preferred appointment location from the two tabs available and it will then show the appointments available at that specific site.
- After selecting a location and time from the scheduling system, the appointment will be held while entering contact information, including verification of the person’s vaccine group.
- The online scheduler is available in English and Spanish.
Booking by Phone: 910-798-6800
- If you call and experience a busy signal, please call back. A busy signal indicates that all available lines are full, but the call center is still operational. So continue calling back until the line rings.
- When the line rings, you will first hear an informational message and then you will need to stay on the line for the next available call center operator. You may have to wait on hold for a bit, depending on how many people are in the queue ahead of you, so please be patient.
- Spanish interpreters are available in the call center to assist with booking appointments.