Update: ALL APPOINTMENTS ARE FULL. As additional vaccine supply is received, the county will open more appointments to ensure that even more people who are eligible can receive the vaccine. Residents can sign up for COVID-19 updates here and will receive a notification when new appointments are available.
Original Post – March 9, 2021, 2 p.m.:
Appointments are now open for Group 1-healthcare workers, Group 2- adults 65 and older, and Group 3-frontline essential workers of the state’s vaccination plan to receive the COVID-19 vaccine through New Hanover County Health and Human Services’ Public Health, and can be made by calling the Coronavirus Call Center at 910-798-6800 or online at signupgenius.com/go/nhcvaccine.
Group 3 includes frontline essential workers who are required to be on-site for work and are in one of these eight essential sectors, as defined by NCDHHS: critical manufacturing, education and childcare, essential goods, food and agriculture, government and community services, healthcare and public health, public safety, and transportation. The county estimates that around 100,000 residents fall into Group 3.
Public Health has opened 1,620 appointments over the next week, and they are expected to book quickly. We ask for the community’s continued patience as we work to get as many people vaccinated as our supply will allow.
The county offers appointments through an online scheduler and the call center, and additional information and tips are below:
Booking Online: signupgenius.com/go/nhcvaccine
· When appointments are available for the county’s online scheduling system, a unique email is required for each appointment (if someone doesn’t have an email address, they can call the coronavirus call center at 910-798-6800 to book an appointment).
· After selecting a location and time from the scheduling system, the appointment will be held while entering contact information, including verification of the person’s vaccine group (Groups 1 and 2 are currently eligible).
· The online scheduler is available in English and Spanish.
Booking by Phone: 910-798-6800
· If you call and experience a busy signal, please call back. A busy signal indicates that all available lines are full, but the call center is still operational. So continue calling back until the line rings.
· When the line rings, you will first hear an informational message and then you will need to stay on the line for the next available call center operator. You may have to wait on hold for a bit, depending on how many people are in the queue ahead of you, so please be patient.
· Spanish interpreters are available in the call center to assist with booking appointments.