Update: ALL APPOINTMENTS ARE FULL. As additional vaccine supply is received, the county will open more appointments to ensure that even more people who are eligible can receive the vaccine. Residents can sign up for COVID-19 updates here and will receive a notification when new appointments are available.
Original Post – March 4, 2021, 2 p.m.:
Appointments are now open for healthcare workers, adults 65 and older, and child care and Pre-K-12th grade school staff only to receive the COVID-19 vaccine through New Hanover County Health and Human Services’ Public Health, and can be made by calling the Coronavirus Call Center at 910-798-6800 or online at signupgenius.com/go/nhcvaccine.
Appointments for other frontline essential workers in Group 3 of the NC COVID-19 Vaccine Plan will not be made through New Hanover County Public Health at this time.
New Hanover County Public Health does not plan to move fully into Group 3 of the state’s vaccination plan until a greater percentage of the county’s adults over 65 have been vaccinated. Public Health will have small outreach efforts into Group 3, but will not be opening appointments fully to this group yet. Read more about this plan here.
This week, Public Health has 1,000 available appointments, and they are expected to book quickly. We ask for the community’s continued patience as we work to get as many people vaccinated as our supply will allow. The county offers appointments through an online scheduler and the call center, and additional information and tips are below:
Booking Online: signupgenius.com/go/nhcvaccine
- When appointments are available for the county’s online scheduling system, a unique email is required for each appointment (if someone doesn’t have an email address, they can call the coronavirus call center at 910-798-6800 to book an appointment).
- After selecting a location and time from the scheduling system, the appointment will be held while entering contact information, including verification of the person’s vaccine group (Groups 1 and 2 are currently eligible).
- The online scheduler is available in English and Spanish.
Booking by Phone: 910-798-6800
- If you call and experience a busy signal, please call back. A busy signal indicates that all available lines are full, but the call center is still operational. So continue calling back until the line rings.
- When the line rings, you will first hear an informational message and then you will need to stay on the line for the next available call center operator. You may have to wait on hold for a bit, depending on how many people are in the queue ahead of you, so please be patient.
- Spanish interpreters are available in the call center to assist with booking appointments.
This continues to be a community vaccine effort and other providers in the area will be scheduling vaccine appointments for people who are eligible, including Group 3, so residents can continue to check with other providers on their available appointments. View a list of providers accepting appointments, and other COVID-19 vaccine information, at Health.NHCgov.com/Coronavirus.