Update: ALL APPOINTMENTS ARE FULL. As vaccine supply is received, the county will open additional appointments to ensure that even more people who are eligible can receive the vaccine. Residents can sign up for COVID-19 updates here and will receive a notification when new appointments are available.
Original Post – March 26, 2021, 9:30 a.m.:
Appointments are open for the following groups of the state’s vaccination plan to receive the COVID-19 vaccine on Tuesday, March 30 through New Hanover County Health and Human Services’ Public Health:
Appointments can be made by calling the Coronavirus Call Center at 910-798-6800 or online at signupgenius.com/go/nhcvaccine.
These appointments are not open for the rest of Group 4, which includes other essential workers not yet vaccinated. Based on the state’s plan, those remaining in Group 4 will become eligible for a vaccine on March 31. View a deeper dive into Group 4 here, and see what group of eligibility you are in by visiting FindMyGroup.NC.gov.
More information on how to schedule an appointment is below:
Booking Online: signupgenius.com/go/nhcvaccine
- A unique email is required for each appointment made through the county’s online scheduling system (if someone doesn’t have an email address, they can call the coronavirus call center at 910-798-6800 to book an appointment).
- At the top of the webpage, select your preferred appointment location from the two tabs available and it will then show the appointments available at that specific site.
- After selecting a location and time from the scheduling system, the appointment will be held while entering contact information, including verification of the person’s vaccine group.
- The online scheduler is available in English and Spanish.
Booking by Phone: 910-798-6800
- If you call and experience a busy signal, please call back. A busy signal indicates that all available lines are full, but the call center is still operational. So continue calling back until the line rings.
- When the line rings, you will first hear an informational message and then you will need to stay on the line for the next available call center operator. You may have to wait on hold for a bit, depending on how many people are in the queue ahead of you, so please be patient.
- Spanish interpreters are available in the call center to assist with booking appointments.