Appointments are open for anyone age 16 and older (Groups 1 through 5 of the state’s vaccination plan) to receive their first dose of the COVID-19 vaccine through New Hanover County Health and Human Services’ Public Health.
First-dose appointments can be made online at signupgenius.com/go/nhcvaccine or by calling the Coronavirus Call Center at 910-798-6800.
Appointments are being made for April 12 at the MLK Center, and April 13 at the MLK Center, Health and Human Services building, and Independence Mall. Each site will be administering the Pfizer vaccine. The Pfizer vaccine is approved for people ages 16 and older, and requires a second dose. The second-dose appointment will be set at the time of the first dose.
More information on how to schedule a first-dose appointment is below:
Booking Online: signupgenius.com/go/nhcvaccine
- Different site locations and appointment times can be found on the tabs at the top of the page.
- A unique email is required for each appointment made through the county’s online scheduling system (if someone doesn’t have an email address, they can call the coronavirus call center at 910-798-6800 to book an appointment).
- At the top of the webpage, select your preferred appointment location from the tabs available and it will then show the appointments available at that specific site.
- After selecting a location and time from the scheduling system, the appointment will be held while entering contact information, including verification of the person’s vaccine group.
- The online scheduler is available in English and Spanish.
Booking by Phone: 910-798-6800
- If you call and experience a busy signal, please call back. A busy signal indicates that all available lines are full, but the call center is still operational. So continue calling back until the line rings.
- When the line rings, you will first hear an informational message and then you will need to stay on the line for the next available call center operator. You may have to wait on hold for a bit, depending on how many people are in the queue ahead of you, so please be patient.
- Spanish interpreters are available in the call center to assist with booking appointments.