Public Health to host pop-up vaccine clinic at Flytrap Brewing, continues outreach vaccination efforts
NEW HANOVER COUNTY, NC – New Hanover County Health and Human Services’ Public Health continues outreach efforts in the community to provide safe and effective COVID-19 vaccines. Public Health will host a pop-up COVID-19 vaccine clinic in partnership with Flytrap Brewing and the Cape Fear Craft Beer Alliance on Thursday, July 15 from 6 p.m. to 8 p.m. The clinic is free and open to the public.
“Getting a COVID-19 vaccine is quick and easy, but we know that not everyone can take time away from work or their day to get one,” said Public Health Preparedness Coordinator Diana Vetter Craft. “By meeting people where they are – whether it’s at the mall or a local brewery, we remove that barrier and help more people get vaccinated. In turn, this helps our entire community protect each other and move forward out of this pandemic.”
COVID-19 Data in New Hanover County:
- As of July 8, there have been 19,824total cases of COVID-19 in New Hanover County, including 39 new cases over the last week.
- Of the total number of cases, 19,506 have recovered and 140 cases are presumed to still be active. Sadly, 177 people have died from the virus.
- In New Hanover County, approximately 120,079 residents (about 51 percent) have received one dose of the COVID-19 vaccine, and approximately 113,881 residents (about 49 percent) are fully vaccinated and protected from COVID-19.
NHC Public Health COVID-19 Vaccine Clinics
- Health and Human Services Health Clinic (1650 Greenfield Street)
- Monday, Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday, from 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
- Tuesday, from 8 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- Independence Mall (3500 Oleander Drive)
- Tuesday and Thursday, from noon to 7 p.m
- Flytrap Brewing (319 Walnut Street)
- Thursday, July 15, from 6 p.m. to 8 p.m.
« Back to news overview